WR Sports Club
Sports and Social Club in Ashford (Middlesex)
with venue hire for your function or event
W.R. Sports Club is the home to three sports clubs: Ashford Tennis Club, Ashford Bowls Club and Ashford Table Tennis club as well as offering social membership.
Social members pay an annual fee of £20 for a single person, £30 per couple or £35 for a family membership. Members benefit from favourable bar prices, Sky TV with Sky Sports and BT Sports, pool, darts etc. There is a Golf Society run by, and for the benefit of members.
A number of darts and pool teams use the venue on Monday to Thursday evenings most of the year round.
If you are interested in becoming a Social Member of the club, please call the Clubhouse on 01784 251255 or e-mail or just come along to the clubhouse.
Ashford Tennis Club
Ashford Tennis Club was formed in 1914 and we pride ourselves in providing a friendly local tennis club welcoming new players from 5 to 95 and standards from beginner to County level.
At Ashford Tennis Club we have:
- 6 All-Weather floodlit and 3 Artificial Clay floodlit tennis courts for year-round play
- 5 Mens teams & 3 Ladies teams in the Surrey & Woking Leagues
- Club, Open and Handicap tournaments & other competitions
- Organised club social tennis sessions at weekends & evenings
- Group and individual Tennis Coaching available
- Adult Beginner / Improver Coaching Courses
- Large thriving Junior section with coaching
- Social events throughout the year
Ashford Bowls ClubAshford Bowls Club was formed in 1918.
- We have a full size, six rink green.
- Competitive and friendly fixtures during the Summer.
- Social events held throughout the year.
- Male and female players welcome.
- Mens, Ladies and Mixed games played weekends and week days.
- Green open for practice and casual play.
- Indoor bowls matches during winter
- Free Coaching available contact Keith Robinson 07803 628 899 or email@example.com
For further information visit our website or call Carole Daines on 01932 247174.
Ashford Table Tennis Club
The club was formed by the 1940 Club and opened in 1981, it forms part of WR Sports Club with tennis and bowls clubs on the same site and a shared bar open from 12 noon daily. The club has a membership of 350-400 and in 2002 the club was appointed as an ETTA Premier Club – Advanced Level.
The table tennis hall has room for seven practice tables or five match tables and is open to club members all day every day throughout the year – see the weekday schedule and weekend events calendar for exceptions and program of play.
Membership is available on an annual basis – (see Club Membership), lighting is paid for by meter at the time of play at £1 per half hour or 50p per fifteen minutes.
New members are always welcome throughout the year, we have a range of styles and playing abilities at the club so if you are looking to play for fun, enjoyment and exercise that competitive sport provides, do visit and try our facilities.